How to temporarily stop anti-malware service on the computer?
Sometimes, NovaBACKUP client software cannot be installed or upgraded due to Anti-Virus and Anti-Malware real-time protection. This can cause NovaBACKUP installation problems. During the activation/registration phase, even when utilizing Trial/Demo mode, the NovaBACKUP license server is queried over the internet, and if that portion fails it is often due to a software Firewall component of the local computer being enabled.
NOTICE: NovaBACKUP installations can be stopped from working by System Mechanic Ultimate Defense.
HINT: Use CTRL+F to search for the software that you are using.
How to Temporarily Disable Your Anti-Virus Real-Time Protection Scanner
Right-click the avast! The icon is located in the system tray. Select avast! Shields control will be disabled and you can choose to disable avast permanently, for 10 minutes or 1 hour.
Navigate to the system tray in the bottom right-hand corner. Look for an open umbrella with a red background.
- Right-click it-> Untick AntiVir Guard Enable
- Now, you should see a white, closed umbrella against a red background
- Double-click on the System icon to activate Bit Defender
- Move the mouse arrow left until Bit Defender appears. Click >> Virus Shield.
- Click on the black check to indicate that Virus Shield has been enabled.
- >> Virus Shield will disable the black works to become red.
Click the down arrows and move the mouse arrow towards the top-right corner to stop bitdefender temporarily.
- Bit Defender is currently inactive
- Click to enable Bit Defender.
BKAV Internet Security Professional
- Double-click the tray icon to open the GUI
- Select Options/Tuy Chon (2nd tab to the left depending on which language you’re using)
- Check Real-time Protection.
- You can also right-click the tray icon to choose Exit/Throat
CA Internet Security Suite 2021
- To disable the Firewall, right-click the CA Shield icon from the system tray, click on My Internet, and then click Disable Firewall.
- To turn it on again, right-click on the system tray icon and click My Internet. Next, click Enable Firewall.
- You can temporarily disable the Antivirus by clicking on the CA Shield icon from the system tray. Click My Computer and then click Enable Sleep.
- Click on Snooze to enter the snooze time in seconds (up to 999, approximately 16 2/3 hours).
- Follow the same steps and click Wake Now to end snooze.
- Double-click the CA Shield icon from the system tray to disable Antivirus for a longer period of time.
- Click Update Settings under the My Computer tab when Security Center appears.
- Next, click on the red X beside Auto-Scan.
- Follow the same steps and click on the green checkmark to re-enable.
Comodo Internet Security
- Right-click on the icon in the system tray.
- To disable them, hover over Antivirus, Firewall, and Defence+.
- Reactivate real-time protection by repeating step 2, but setting each to Enabled.
Emsisoft Anti-Malware & Internet Security
- Right-click the Emsisoft shield icon (green with a white outline) in the system tray.
- Select Pause protection and then Disable until the computer restarts.
- The shield icon will change to red, with a white cross at the center. Also, the GUI will now be in red.
Not exit EAM/EIS if you want to disable real-time protection. File Guard will continue active even if the program isn’t running.
ESET NOD32 ANTIVIRUS V4
- Double-click on the system tray icon in the lower right-hand corner.
- Select Disable real-time file system protection
- A popup will ask “Are you sure you want to disable…protection?”
- To disable the Antivirus Guard, click “Yes”.
ESET SMART SECURITY
- To open the main application window, double-click on the icon in the system tray.
- Or, you can start >> All Programs >> ESET Smart Security.
- Click on Setup >> Antivirus/antispyware protection temporarily disabled
- Select Yes when prompted to confirm temporarily.
Notification: After a system restart, protection will automatically be started.
Navigate to the bottom right-hand corner of the system tray and look for the blue sign.
- Right click it-> Select Unload.
- Now, surround the F-Secure sign with a red struck-through circular
- Navigate to the system tray in the lower right-hand corner. Look for the McAfee symbol.
- Right-click it and choose “Exit”
- An alert pop-up will inform you that your protection has been disabled. To disable the Antivirus Guard, click on “Yes”.
- Navigate to the bottom right-hand corner of the screen and look for the norton.png sign.
- Right-click it and choose “Disable Auto-Protect”
- Choose a time period of five hours to ensure that your computer is clean.
- Click “OK.”
- A popup will inform you that protection has been disabled.